Monday, September 14, 2009

Never Thought I Would Twitter...

Well here we are on week two and I already feel a bit overwhelmed because there just seems like so many things to do.. and I do them but I don't quite understand them yet.. But I guess I just need to give it a bit more time and then I am sure I will get it. (fingers crossed).

Well we had to search blogs that corresponded with our field of study. I am studying Dance Education. This is interesting because dance is dance.. so to think about using technology is just kind of a new concept for me. But luckily I was able to find some blogs that had something to do with using technology in Dance Education.

CFPCA- Department of Dance: I chose this because this specific Department of Dance is one of the oldest and most respected dance departments in the US. Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Dance (NASD). So I figured they could have some helpful tools as far as teaching tactics and how to run things go!

Great Dance Weblog- Dancing into the Future: I feel this is kind of self explanatory. This blog is going to be helpful because it is things about the future. Times are changing and dance is evolving, this blog will be able to keep people updated as we are in these changing times.

History of Dance: This one looked great because I feel if you are going to teach dance you have to know where it comes from. This blog will be beneficial as I continue to broaden and deepen my knowledge of Dance History and where it all began!

Online Solutions for Dance Education: This talks about textbooks, and stating some of the problems with textbooks in general. Now this is an interesting battle because does dance really need texts books? Yes, for teaching history and background you need books.. but you don't need to a book to teach someone how to dance. So this will be beneficial to decided whether or not the problems are worth it. Or are we better of finding other means of teaching other than books.

Lastly I joined a social network. I already have facebook and use it often, so I joined twitter. Now I am not going to lie I feel pretty stupid joining twitter because I haven't heard much about it other than people updating random and unimportant things. I guess I am just going to have to learn more about it, and give it a fair chance. I am sure there is a good way and a bad way to use twitter I am just going to have to figure that out.

Well that's about it for now.. I guess see everyone is class!
Peace out!

Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment